FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - JOHN-PAUL JONES GROUP - EP VOLUME #2 - TRIBUTE TO RORY GALLAGHER



We are pleased to announce that we are releasing our first EP of 2018 on May 1st.  The EP is a tribute to great Irish Blues Rocker Rory Gallagher.  Rory was and is a big influence on Jp Jones and also has a lot to do with the John-Paul Jones Group's dedication to preserving the blues-rock heritage.



"I remember the first time I heard Rory play,  the song was Messing with the Kid from some televised TV special rerun on public television.  His playing style was just amazing.   I already knew the song, but to hear Rory play it with such raw power, was amazing, I couldn't get enough" - Jp Jones.   

Having followed Rory's Career until he died in 1995 Jp also is a big fan of collecting anything Rory has on video.   Especially the documentary Ghost Blues.

"With this EP, I wanted to record my version of Rory's songs, this EP is by no means a way for me to try and copy note for note what Rory created.  Because that's impossible.  Rory was one of a kind and one of the greatest musicians from the class of 65-69.  I just love the songs he wrote and wanted to pay tribute to him."


The EP features long-time John-Paul Jones Group bassist Sally Henry and Housecoat Drummer Don Brown.  The songs were recorded at CopperTop Studio Hut in Ottumwa, Iowa.  If you would like to pre-order the CD please feel free to PRE-ORDER CD HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FIRST SHOW OF THE YEAR GREAT TIME!!

Blues-Bikes-Cars Concert

COPPERTOP STUDIO HUT JOURNAL ENTRY 04-04-2018