EP VOLUME 02 TRIBUTE TO RORY GALLAGHER

I am a child of 60's meaning I was born in the 60's.  I feel like I was born during the time of music prolifercation.  When I was young Chuck Berry's Greatest Hits turned on our record player for hours on end.

As I grew older I became influenced by the great guitarists who came on the scene 1965-1969.  Of those great guitarist Rory Gallagher was one who just blew my mind.

So when I decided to record an EP I decided it would affectionately and simply be called.

John-Paul Jones Group
EP Volume No.2
A Tribute To Rory Gallagher

I picked three Rory Gallagher songs to record on this album.  I picked three songs that mean something to me.

Cradle Rock
Laundromat
Shadow Play

I recorded Cradle Rock because of the power in the riff and the vocal.  And in my interpretation the lyrics are about others accepting you for who you are and letting you be who you are. 

I recorded Laundromat because when I was young I spent a lot of time in laundromats.  I was poor and had to make do at different times.  I had friends we would meet up at the laundromat, it hails to a simpler time in my life.

Shadow play made it to the EP because it was one of Rory's songs that was part fantasy part progressive blues.  I just love the song.

I am by no means a Rory Gallagher clone... Rory was one of a kind. 

The musicians on the EP are long time John-Paul Jones Group bassist Sally Henry and Housecoat drummer Don Brown

Sally's bass playing is awesome and pays great tribute to original bass lines on the original tunes. 

I want everyone to like our recorded versions.  But we also want to make sure that you make this a stepping stone to learning more about the great artist Rory Gallagher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FIRST SHOW OF THE YEAR GREAT TIME!!

Blues-Bikes-Cars Concert